Custom Search

January 31, 2010

The Wright's view

I was reading some related articles about the the failed Pacquiao-Mayweather fight and I came across some articles that I wanted to post.

Ronald "Winky" Wright was interviewed on one of the episodes of On The Ropes and here is an excerpt of that interview regarding his views on the proposed Olympic style drug testing in the failed negotiations for Manny Pacquiao and Floyd Mayweather:


“If I’m a fighter, and I’m abiding by the rules of boxing and everything is okay then just because another person tells me to do something else, I’m not going to do it. I’m not going to take some extra tests just because you say to do it. The rules are we can’t do this, we can’t do that, I’m passing all the rules, I’m taking all the drug tests that they ask me, I’m doing all of that then it’s okay. But by your standard, you want me to take extra tests? Why should I do that because you said it? You’re not going to do anything I tell you to do extra. So I don’t feel that I should have done it. Floyd’s my man, but I just feel that should have still made that fight.”

1 comment:

Shelia LaFrances Jackson said...

Winky Winky Winky, What planet are you on? Floyd is removing any possibility of doubt if any one of them come away as the winner! This is what the fans as well as the boxers want and need. I understand your view but step it up to what the fans pay to see and believe. This is history in the making! Come back up to earth and stay down to earth.

Post a Comment

 
Sports & Recreation - Top Blogs Philippines ss_blog_claim=78df9f4ecab533074dd26bea9a4039b2